Friday, October 7, 2016

Changing with the times

Wow!  I can't believe it's been over a year since I've posted.

Lots of changes since then.  Youngest graduated from high school and in his first year of college.  Oldest moved back home in December.  I lost my job in December two weeks before Christmas.  Husband was dealing with an eye problem for the first half of this year, and our oldest cat passed in January from old age.  I believe she was 21.

So, with all the changes, quilting and sewing time has changed too.  Still sewing but needed to adjust to not having a sewing room any longer and an interesting work schedule with my new job. 

I have had a few finishes over the past year and a half as well.  From this post about piecing my blue and yellow string quilt  I am happy to say it's done!  It's a throw-sized quilt that was machine quilted on the diagonal to match the string blocks.  It's just a happy quilt I think.


Also finished my black and yellow quilt.  Being from Pittsburgh Steelers country, I wanted a black and gold quilt but not in your face football theme - this is what I settled on after collecting the fabrics over a few months. It's also a throw-sized quilt.



I am very pleased with this one too.  It's also machine quilted, this time following the stripes in the ditch.  The back is a vintage piece of fabric that just screamed to me to be used with this quilt.

Oh!!! I almost forgot.  I finished a quilt this past spring that I had been working on hand quilting over the past, oh, I don't know - 7 winters or so.  This is a twin-sized quilt.  I was so excited to finally finish this one.  I was even anticipating entering it into a few quilt shows but my schedule has not allowed for that yet this year, so maybe next year...


Close up of the hand quilting in the large space.

It's my day off today, and so I am off to work on a few more projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment