Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Computer woes

I knew it was coming.  I kept pushing it off.  My time ran out while trying to work my job.  Yep, it happened at the worst time.  My computer hard drive crashed.

It's been making a funny noise for about the last 3 months, but really acting up in the last 6 weeks.  I had one day where I spent 8 hours "repairing Windows", but I am pretty certain all the fuss was because of the hard drive.  It crashed this past Sunday.  I played around thinking it was Windows giving me trouble because of a corrupted file, but turns out it was a hardware issue.  Panic sets in, then hysteria because I am supposed to be working my job.  I work from home on the computer for the last 14 years.  No computer - no money to be made - no production for my company - we both lose.

Then I use a tablet to go to the website to look at the computer I was putting off ordering.  I really liked it, but with shipping it would not be here for a week at least.  Finally, I am thinking of replacing the hard drive, but it's Sunday and 6 o'clock when that idea comes to mind.  I think the local big box electronics store is closed, but it turns out they were open until 8.  So, off we go. 

Hard drive 60 bucks, same one as I had before.  I even got more sheep (or as the rest of the world calls it RAM) figuring if I am going to open the case, why not?  

I can't purchase a computer out of a store directly because they are all selling Windows 10, which is not compatible with my work - must be Windows 7 or 8.1.    Computers with those operating systems you order online.  

After installing programs and letting the computer run all of its updates, I am back in business as of work on Monday late morning for my start time.

So, no sewing time in the last 3 days, but I did sew for about 15 hours straight Saturday when the guys were off at camp for hunting.  I am in a mug rug phase right now.  Oh! and I did do a little hand quilting late last night after I was done working.  Love hand work!


No comments:

Post a Comment