Monday, October 10, 2016

Satisfaction in Small Projects

I love working on smaller projects maybe a little more than large bed quilts.  Smaller quilts let me experience the satisfaction of actually finishing a project, whereas large bed quilts can take years for me for different reasons.

 These were done during my flying geese phase with mostly reproduction prints.  They are now finished with quilting and binding.

 This wallhanging was made with left over half-square triangles (HST) from this project - Wedding Quilt.  I hate throwing small usable pieces away, and this way it also reminds me of that particular quilt that I had designed and made for my relatives' wedding.  This one finishes out at around 18 x 27 inches.

This little quilt (15 x 15 inches) was made and thought up for a doll quilt swap that I participated in.  In fact, I loved this one so much, I had to make one for myself!  The log cabin blocks finish at 3-1/2 inches.  The snowman and stars are appliqued in place with a machine blanket stitch.

 Another doll quilt swap for the month of February I believe.  I knew I wanted pinwheels and I loved this particular pink fabric from the High Street line (Moda), so it was charted out on graph paper.  The heart-shaped flowers were my way of getting hearts into the quilt instead of being an in-your-face Valentine's quilt.

And lastly, these matching little quilts were made as end table toppers for my living room.  They are identically pieced quilts, again mostly from reproduction fabrics.  Love that pop of pinks in them! These finished around 18 x 24 inches.

Do you have a preference on the size of your projects?

No comments:

Post a Comment