Saturday, October 8, 2016

Fabric Shopping!

So, what's a person to do when you are bored?  You browse through fabric selling sites of course!

I am a scrap quilter for the most part at this point, and in the past 6 years or so I have become a lover of the Civil War reproduction fabrics.  So, being a scrap quilter, I do not usually buy large quantities of any one particular fabric.  My go-to size are the half-yard pieces and most places on the web sell in 1 yard minimum sizes, which can limit where I purchase from.  I have been really good in my purchasing this year, but then I found Fabric Shack.  They sell half yard pieces!!  Super quick shipping and awesome shipping prices too.  So exciting to me!

They were having a sale too!  Except for the plum and red in the top row, these are all Marcus fabrics.  Love Marcus fabrics!  The 2 leaf prints right front row are from the Past Endearment line.  The navy blue and the red in the front row are from designer Paula Barnes.


Love the pattern on this blue one - reminds me of pills or capsules.  It's Hannah's Heritage - Judie Rothermel for Marcus fabrics.

I have a hard time buying reds that I like, but I thought these would work well for my taste.  The red on the left is actually a Christmas print (Always the Season) by Faye Burgos.  Middle is from Gathering Basket - Kim Diehl - Henry Glass, and on the right is R&B Tavern - Paula Barnes - Marcus fabrics.

I got a few more - the paisley you have already read about, but the blue with flowers and the red on the far right are also from Gathering Basket - Kim Diehl - Henry Glass.  The polka dot on the far left is really more orange in person (I am gathering a few more orange fabrics for some pieced pumpkins).  It is from the Grateful Harvest line, Spx Fabrics.

I think I'm gonna have fun fitting these into future projects.  Don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment