Sunday, October 16, 2016

Pineapples for Christmas

I belong to a few groups on Facebook, and in one group we had signups for a Christmas Lap Quilt swap back in December 2015 or January 2016.   They have various swaps throughout the year, but being that I was unemployed at the time I figured this was one I could participate in and not have to stress about purchasing a ton of fabric for because I had a bunch of Christmas fabrics in my stash - plus I had all year to work on it.

I am a Bonnie Hunter fan for the last few years and she has a bunch of free patterns on her blog page.  After browsing through them, I settled on the Pineapple Blossoms pattern.  This was going to be a controlled scrappy quilt, meaning that I limited it to about 20 different fabrics at most.

 This was in the layering and basting stage on the dining room table.

The backing is called Retro Christmas Houses by Makower.  I knew I wanted something more wintry instead of Christmas for the backing so that the quilt could be possibly used all winter.




Another reason that I chose the Pineapple Blossom pattern was that I knew I wanted to hand quilt the quilt but I figured time would not allow for intricate work, so simple in this case was better.



I believe it has to be in the mail by the end of November, and I am a third of the way there with the quilting.  I figure if I do a little bit each day, it'll work out.  Not in panic mode yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment