Monday, May 13, 2013

I have a confession... I am a fabric addict

You know there's a problem of having too much fabric when you know you bought fabric to back a quilt but you can't find it in your house anywhere.   Actually, I have two projects that I am working on that I can't find the fabric for.  The first is a wedding quilt.  I am to the point where I am ready to get the backing together and then get everything layered for quilting (hand or machine? still undetermined), but my backing fabric that I bought is not quite long enough, so I thought I would piece an insert to get to the correct length.  Problem is - I can't for the life of me figure out where I stashed the extra material from piecing the quilt together. ugh...  I have searched high and low to no avail.

I decided to give myself a break from the stress of that problem to move onto a simpler project.  I have a few smaller quilts that need backing, batting, and then quilted.  I pulled a quilt top out that I knew I had bought fabric for the backing and low and behold - I can't find the fabric again!  I have searched and searched, all but one spot, but that will have to wait until later in the day.  I have to move about 8 sewing machines to get to the bin.

At this point, I am almost convinced that the extra fabrics from these two projects are hiding out together.  I have too much fabric to keep in one closet, thus the multiple locations, which then leads to days like this.  

Wanna know something else??  I was actually thinking about visiting a local quilt shop later today to see what was new.  I think I will put that idea on hold for a while longer.  I have enough problems keeping track of the fabrics I have in the house already.

2 comments:

  1. Oh boy-I've lost fabric before too. It will definitely turn up as soon as you buy replacement yardage!
    I'm addicted to fabric as well-knowing you're not alone helps ( a little ).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's usually what happens when I lose anything in this house. I also have a computer game that I bought myself for a Christmas present. I had it sitting on the end table for a few weeks afterward unopened. Of course I put it somewhere else so I would not lose it, and we have been looking off and on for a few months for it as well.

      I am holding off on buying replacement yardage just yet. I will just keep moving onto unfinished projects that I can still find the fabric for.

      Thanks for reading and commenting :)

      Delete