Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Re-thinking a project

Have you ever started a project thinking you were happy with the fabric choices only to discover down the road that well, maybe you are not as happy with them as you thought you were before??   The next dilemma is then - do I keep on going with my choices hoping that I will be happy in the end or do I change up my choices so that I want to keep working on this project? 

I posted about this  My Portable Project not too long ago.  I love working on it, really I do, but the gray background that I chose was nagging at me.  I kept thinking it would be wonderful, but at the same time I was thinking maybe it was a little depressing and sad looking.  After much thinking on this, I decided to swap out the gray for a cream tone-on-tone print to perk up the quilt a little bit.  I am glad I chose now to change background colors with only a little ripping or unpicking to do. 

Usually I am pretty good with my fabric choices, but this time I just could not see finishing the project unless I changed it out.  I wonder how many people have unfinished projects because they are not happy with the fabrics in them.  Has this ever happened to you?

On a side note, this is a picture of a purse I finished about a month ago.  The pattern is a Lazy Girl Design.  It is called the Towne Purse and it went together fairly quickly in an evening.  The thing that surprised me the most about carrying it is that it is so much lighter than carrying my leather purse.  I love it!  You can find the pattern here -Lazy Girl Designs


No comments:

Post a Comment