Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Be careful what you don't wish for

For years off and on, I have been thinking of purchasing an embroidery sewing machine.  First I think it'll be so much fun to have one and then I think about how much it will cost in ratio to how much I would actually use it, and lastly I think about where I would put yet another sewing machine since years ago we moved from a 2-story house into a new double-wide mobile home planning for retirement (yes, I was only 36 at the time and hubby was 41, but he does construction for a living and absolutely did not want to think about having to use those stairs in his old age).  

A few months ago the subject came up again while I was teasing my hubby about another gun purchase in comparison to my hobbies and he said he knew what I was going to get for Mother's Day this year.  I guessed what he was thinking, and I finally put my foot down and said that I no longer wanted an embroidery machine until I retire and actually have time to use it.  He then came up with an alternative to the sewing machine...

This is what I got for Mother's Day!!! At least that was the excuse he used to validate the purchase.

Don't get me wrong - I love riding quads.  We had one already and my older son has one, but there are 4 of us in the family counting another teenage son.  My husband thought that if we had 1 more quad that we could spend time riding together as a family.  So far, we have ventured out once and had a great day spending time together.  This upcoming weekend here's an open house at an off-road park and we'll be heading there for a day of riding with my cute butterfly helmet for protection. Of course, there will be a quilty traveling project for the road trip to and from! 



No comments:

Post a Comment