Sunday, March 17, 2013

What's a gal to do?

when there's a fabric sale??  Well, this gal threw in the towel and went shopping!!  Just by chance I checked the fabric.com website and behold - fabric on sale for $4.95 per yard.  In the past few years of cotton prices rising, my fabric buying has fallen off, but when I saw the sale, well I could not pass it up.  I mean, after all I'm worth it right? 

The first picture is of some fabrics that I have a plan in mind for.  I would like to do a maple leaf quilt to replace one that I had made some 15 years ago and had given as a wedding gift to my youngest son's preschool teacher. 



In this next pic, the first two fabrics, one black and one blue, are Dear Jane II fabrics.  The bottom one is a deep dark blue with a golden-orange medallion print.  

This last picture is of "just because" fabrics.  I bought them just because I liked them and I knew they would be very happy at home with the rest of my fabrics.   The one on the far right is from the Elm Creek Quilt collection.  Ever hear of the books by Jennifer Chiaverini?  You can read all about them here - http://elmcreek.net/books.  I have a few on my Kindle that I plan to read.  

That's my haul, plus 2 lengths sports nylon for basketball shorts for my son who likes them long, as sometimes we have a hard time finding them to fit his 6 ft 4-inch height just right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment