Monday, March 18, 2013

There's beauty in small things too.

Some days, I think about just wanting to be able to start and finish a project within a few days' time (okay, at my pace more like a week) and small quilts are just the thing.  I have made many wall-hanging quilts, 95% of them are larger than 18" in smallest dimension.  While browsing and catching up on daily blog reading, I came across the Abundance quilt along.  I thought it was just a great little project to use some of my reproduction fabrics on.

This is my finished doll quilt top.  It was fairly easy, yet still a little challenging what with those smaller pieces and trying to stay accurate.     It is now basted and sitting atop my pile of hand sewing projects to be hand quilted while watching television.    The hand sewing projects pile is starting to grow too, but more on that another time!

Meanwhile, winter is still holding on - freezing rain, sleet, and possibly snow for today before turning into all rain.  My mother has been wanting to put out a hit on the groundhog that predicted an early spring - I'm starting to agree with her! 




No comments:

Post a Comment