Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Life is about change

Let's face it, most of us don't like change.  We like knowing our daily routine and hate it when life throws us for a loop.  It's been about 1-1/2 years since my last blog post and there have been a few changes in those two years.   My oldest child moved out.  He could have stayed here forever, but he decided it was time to experience life on his terms.  The younger of the two boys got his driver's permit and got a part-time job and is looking ahead to his senior year of high school next year.  Changes for me?  A milestone is just ahead for me in a few months - I'll be the big 5-0.   That's a change that has snuck up on me.

Do you ever sit back and go back to those days when you tried to imagine your life as you got older?  I do that a lot lately, but funny thing is that I never actually had a picture of what I thought life was going to be like when the kids were grown.   

Another change is the name of my blog.  I was never really happy with the name I chose before.  I never wanted to focus solely on sewing since there are many pastimes I enjoy.  The new name makes me chuckle.  You see, my name is Jennifer, but the day of my wedding my priest couldn't remember my name.  Let's just say he was past due for retirement.   He called me Philomena.  It's one of those funny things I think of from time to time.  I love quilting and sewing.  I have always loved to experiment with cooking, and recently I've been conquering my fear of baking bread with yeast.  Thus, the new name...

Welcome to my blog - Philomena Quilts, etc. where you never know what topic might come up.

No comments:

Post a Comment