Wednesday, April 22, 2015

A wedding present better late than never

The wedding was December 2012.  The quilt was finally completed in February 2015.  It's my design.  The piecing of the top was the most fun.  The machine quilting was what gave me fits and was the reason I kept putting off finishing the quilt.  First the tension was off and then the thread kept breaking no matter what brand I used.  I had to work in a two or three hour spurts and then when I got frustrated, I put it aside for a few months at a time.  I originally wanted to hand quilt this quilt, but I was on a deadline, so I decided machine quilting would be quicker.  Lesson learned - stick with your gut instinct.  I should have hand quilted from the beginning and would probably have been done much sooner than the 2 years 3 months.


When completed, I once again was able to love this quilt.  After all was said and done, it turned out beautiful.  It was such a nice feeling to have it completed.  I hope it will get many years of use. 

2 comments:

  1. Jennifer, or shall I call you Philomena?, she said with a wicked grin! Congratulations on your big finish of the wedding quilt!! I remember that at my wedding, the minister had to repeat my lines to me twice because I was in a daze looking at all the candles in the candlelabras to count if they were all lit...and they were, but I was totally distracted, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by. It's just something that has always stuck with me from that day, although it was just one of many! Funny how we pick out different things from our weddings to remember, and the candles do sound very pretty and romantic. Yes, I am so happy to be finished and have the quilt presented to its new owners, too.

    ReplyDelete