Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Time to make a decision

I am no longer 32 yrs old, working out of the house full time, with 2 smaller children, and able to function on 4 hours of sleep. I am, however, 45, working full time from home, 1 grown child and 1 almost grown child, and functioning on 6 hours of sleep each night.

So, what's the point you ask? When I was younger, I made more time for each and every hobby/craft that I enjoyed. Let's see, there was sewing of course, rubber stamping, card making, scrapbooking, painting, jewelry making, ribbon embroidery, cross stitching, crocheting, and candle and soap making. For the past 3 yrs it has been not much of anything except sewing here or there. Well, I am back into my sewing big time and I feel the time has come to make a decision on which craft supplies to part with.

I have a 5-foot shelf filled with scrapbook supplies that I first thought I would just get rid of, but now I am thinking about just paring down the amount because eventually I want to work on more albums. I have a few under-the-bed boxes filled with rubber stamps that haven't seen the light of day for almost 3 years now. I have a cupboard above my washing machine filled with acrylic paints and brushes. I have have more scrapbooking supplies in a file cabinet, and more wood for painting on up in the shed. Are you starting to get the picture??? I have way too much stuff and the thing is if I live til I am 100, I'm never going to be able to use it all.

So, I guess my decision has been made to start clearing out. Next decision - whether to donate or have a yard sale in the next few months when the weather finally breaks. I know! Yard sale first and then what's left - donate!

Hopefully I can part with my beloved crafting supplies as easy as it was to write about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment